Sunday, November 19, 2006

Charting A Course Through Unprotected Waters

It's Sunday morning and I still don't know what I'm going to do because, basically, I've no idea what I even can do. How much fitness do you lose in three weeks?

Yesterday, I did about 35 points worth of bouldering on a scale that I'm planning to use to total 460 on my birthday. It wasn't hard but my fingers are sore, not even 10% into the total I want. Uh-oh.

The day before, I did the biking portion (or part of it, anyway), riding up Figueroa Mtn. This was pretty fun because, not only is Fig fun but I ran across a women's training camp with some riders I knew, including Pam and Sophie from the Everest Challenge, and Dotsie from LA. I'm not sure who was actually in charge of this camp but I'll the participants were getting their money's worth as there was an all-star group of pros at what looked like about a 2:1 ratio with student.

Anyway, I cruised up Fig but didn't bring enough food/water and bonked a bit on the way home and my back was pretty worked by the time I got off my bike.

So, the two portions of my challenge have both caused some issues causing me to think this is probably the most unknown about a challenge I've ever been. But isn't that supposed to be the point?

No comments: